Trillium Therapeutics is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company based in Cambridge, MA and Mississauga, ON. Following recent promising clinical data updates and after raising over $300 million in 2020, the Company is now embarking on a substantial organizational scale-up to initiate a phase 2 program across a range of cancer indications. The Company is seeking a highly motivated Translational Research Associate to support Translational Science research activities as well as other non-clinical research activities to address specific scientific questions. The position will report into the Translational Research Scientist and will be based in Mississauga, Ontario.
Trillium Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TRIL) is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing next generation immunotherapies targeting CD47, a checkpoint of the innate immune system. Immunotherapy is a rapidly evolving field that is redefining cancer care by harnessing a patient’s own immune system to eliminate tumor cells. First generation immunotherapies, targeting the adaptive immune system via T cell checkpoint inhibitors, have been enormously successful scientifically (2018 Nobel Prize), clinically (achieving real cure rates), and commercially (soon to be the largest drug class ever). CD47 is now emerging as one of the most promising next generation immuno-oncology targets.
Trillium has two highly differentiated CD47 blockers in development that – unlike other CD47 agents – have shown unique monotherapy activity across a range of hematologic malignancies. Under new leadership, Trillium has undergone a wide-ranging transformation program, including a major strategy reset. In 2020, the company raised over $300M, landed a strategic investment from Pfizer, and has been among the top performers on NASDAQ. Nearing completion of ongoing dose escalation studies, Trillium is now scaling up its organization to initiate a broad phase 2 program across several cancer indications.
The Translational Research Associate (RA) supports Translational Science research activities by tracking, monitoring, receiving, and preparing clinical trial samples for analysis as well as other non-clinical research activities to address specific scientific questions. The RA will also perform immune phenotyping and functional assays, input and report data and maintain lab and lab equipment.
- Receive and process clinical trial tissue/blood samples:
- Follow SOP as required.
- Perform flow cytometry and other assays as part of immune monitoring/pharmacodynamic assays.
- Collate and enter data.
- Interact with Clinical Operations to facilitate timely sample receipt.
- Prepare study summaries and reports.
- Assist Research Scientist(s) with assay development and perform other cell biology related studies:
- Perform and troubleshoot new assays.
- Plan, implement, and perform biochemical and cell based assays such as enzymatic assays, flow cytometry, T cell activation and phagocytosis assays.
- Analyze, collate and enter data; maintain an accurate, comprehensible, current laboratory journal.
- Prepare data summaries and reports.
- Maintain Lab and Lab Equipment:
- Ensure that critical equipment is maintained.
- Participate in departmental lab maintenance tasks.
- Order and receive reagents/consumables.
- Attend team/departmental meetings on a regular basis.
- Train others on new skills and procedures when necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Work in compliance with the Trillium’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and all workplace policies, procedures and regulations.
- B.Sc. in a scientific discipline with relevant immunology and/or industry experience, M.Sc. in Immunology preferred.
- Extensive experience with complex multi-parameter flow cytometry is required.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access), Flowjo and Prism Graphpad.
- Ability to work in Biological Safety cabinet and at laboratory bench, lift lab equipment/reagents (up to 30lb).
- Work is performed in a BSL2 level laboratory with human blood/tissue. Hours are variable depending on sampling requirements and occasional night/weekend work is required.
- Strong values-driven individual able to function in a diverse, cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be willing and able to be “hands-on,” and thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced, dynamic and changing business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with others on assigned projects (including both internal teams and external parties).
- Keen attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Critical and analytical thinker.
- Highly versatile with ability to swiftly shift focus while attending to multiple competing priorities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel and pick up samples occasionally.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the role in the subject line. Kindly note that phone calls and third parties are not accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will be reaching out only to candidates whose backgrounds most closely match our needs.