Trillium Therapeutics is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company based in Cambridge, MA and Toronto, ON. Following recent promising clinical data updates and after raising over $300 million in 2020, the Company is now embarking on a substantial organizational scale-up to initiate a phase 2 program across a range of cancer indications. The Company is seeking a new VP/SVP of Human Resources, who will be a key business partner and “right hand” to the CEO and the Executive Team to evolve the Company toward late stage clinical development and potential commercialization. The position will report into the CEO and will be based in Cambridge, MA.
Trillium Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TRIL) is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing next generation immunotherapies targeting CD47, a checkpoint of the innate immune system.
Immunotherapy is a rapidly evolving field that is redefining cancer care by harnessing a patient’s own immune system to eliminate tumor cells. First generation immunotherapies, targeting the adaptive immune system via T cell checkpoint inhibitors, have been enormously successful scientifically (2018 Nobel prize), clinically (achieving real cure rates), and commercially (soon to be the largest drug class ever). CD47 is now emerging as one of the most promising next generation immuno-oncology targets.
Trillium has two highly differentiated CD47 blockers in development that – unlike other CD47 agents – have shown unique monotherapy activity across a range of hematologic malignancies. Under new leadership, Trillium has undergone a wide-ranging transformation program, including a major strategy reset. In 2020, the company raised over $300M, landed a strategic investment from Pfizer, and has been among the top performers on NASDAQ. Nearing completion of ongoing dose escalation studies, Trillium is now scaling up its organization to initiate a broad phase 2 program across several cancer indications.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP/SVP will lead the HR transition into a cross-regional function with competencies that enable Trillium growth and expansion. As a key member of the Executive Team, she/he will lead the advancement of Trillium capabilities in key areas including talent acquisition & retention, performance management, employee development, compensation, benefits, organizational planning, and corporate culture development. Additionally, this post will serve as the management liaison to the Compensation Committee of the Board. The position is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Directs transition of Trillium HR strategy, team structure, capabilities and deliverables to ensure excellent support of changing organizational and business needs, including highly effective talent acquisition, onboarding and retention to ensure top talent across all corporate functions.
- Directs Trillium HR in developing and executing world-class innovative systems and practices that promote high-performance culture, employee engagement and performance management, creating a highly motivated and top performing workforce that drives maximum strategic growth.
- As a member of the Executive Team serves as a key business partner to the CEO and the senior leadership team regarding all HR activities, as well as overall and business area specific strategic and tactical discussions, planning and execution.
- Oversees and ensures compensation and benefits programs and policies, which make Trillium a highly competitive employer of choice.
- Represents Management and the HR function to the Board of Directors/Compensation Committee regarding Executive Compensation & Recruitment, high-level discussions on employee compensation & benefit programs, and other select key employee matters and data.
- Ensures all HR related record keeping and other practices are legally compliant and in accordance with company policy.
- Has overall accountability for developing and effectively managing the overall HR budget, ensuring that HR costs and services are aligned with financial goals and policies.
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree (MS/MA) highly desirable.
- 10+ years of HR experience in high growth companies, ideally in the biotech or a related industry.
- 5+ years in a senior HR role at a publicly traded biotech company, ideally based in Boston-area.
- Prior experience working with ex-US organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with organizational scale-up with successful leadership of a talent agenda that contributed to organizational growth and success.
- Proven skills in organizational development, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, compensation and benefits change management, executive compensation, etc.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, collaboration and project management.
- Successful record as a close and trusted advisor to the CEO and the executive team.
- Experience serving as the Management Liaison to the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Experience supporting functional teams including recruitment, compensation, incentive plans, performance management, and other.
- Successful record in leading corporate culture & values initiatives in support of corporate strategy.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of all areas of HR and how to maintain legal compliance of HR systems and practices.
- Strong knowledge of and relationships within the Boston-area biotech community.
- Strong values-driven individual who can leverage values to lead and motivate a diverse, cross regional team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational skills and ability to influence.
- Must be willing and able to be “hands-on”, and can thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other company leaders and develop strong working relationships with them.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally travel to the Company’s Toronto office.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the role in the subject line. Kindly note that phone calls and third parties are not accepted. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.