Trillium Therapeutics is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company based in Cambridge, MA and Toronto, ON. Following recent promising clinical data updates and after raising over $300 million in 2020, the Company is now embarking on a substantial organizational scale-up to initiate a phase 2 program across a range of cancer indications. The Company is seeking a Communications & Investor Relations Lead (Director), who will play a significant role in Trillium’s strategy and business development activities. The position will report into the SVP Corporate Development and Strategy and will be based in Cambridge, MA.
Trillium Therapeutics (Nasdaq:TRIL) is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing next generation immunotherapies targeting CD47, a checkpoint of the innate immune system. Immunotherapy is a rapidly evolving field that is redefining cancer care by harnessing a patient’s own immune system to eliminate tumor cells. First generation immunotherapies, targeting the adaptive immune system via T cell checkpoint inhibitors, have been enormously successful scientifically (2018 Nobel prize), clinically (achieving real cure rates), and commercially (soon to be the largest drug class ever). CD47 is now emerging as one of the most promising next generation immuno-oncology targets.
Trillium has two highly differentiated CD47 blockers in development that – unlike other CD47 agents – have shown unique monotherapy activity across a range of hematologic malignancies. Under new leadership, Trillium has undergone a wide-ranging transformation program, including a major strategy reset. In 2020, the company raised over $300M, secured a strategic investment from Pfizer, and has been among the top performers on Nasdaq. Nearing completion of ongoing dose escalation studies, Trillium is now scaling up its organization to initiate a phase 2 program across several cancer indications.
- Help define Public Relations, Investor Relations and Internal Communications strategies for a variety of audiences that achieve business objectives.
- Define best practices for tracking and managing a broad investor base.
- Define and manage the strategy, planning, and implementation of a robust social media presence.
- Actively manage and direct external agency partners.
- Support development of all external materials, including press releases, Q&As, website content, executive talking points, corporate and scientific presentations, in collaboration with external agency colleagues and/ or internal colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to ensure alignment and visibility of communications initiatives across functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least seven years of communication and public relations experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Passion for science and an understanding of the drug development process. Experience translating technical language into laymen’s terms with prior experience in Oncology preferred.
- Demonstrated experience crafting and executing successful traditional media and social media.
- PowerPoint proficiency and strong written communication skills.
- Experience working with high performing teams and able to organize across functional teams.
- Understanding of SEC and FDA regulations impacting communications.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence, and the ability to function in a global team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be willing and able to be “hands-on”.
- Must thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced business environment.
- Strong integrity and a commitment to improving patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the role in the subject line. Kindly note that phone calls and third parties are not accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will be reaching out only to candidates whose backgrounds most closely match our needs.